Just in time for the fall semester: an Online Student Health Portal
By Chris Stoermer, Student Health & Wellness Center IT Manager, CITC -AIS
The Student Health and Wellness Center (SHWC) would like to introduce MEDICAT, the new campus electronic medical records system. Developed on Microsoft’s SQL Server and CCHIT 2011 Certified, this product will enable us to provide premium services to our students while complying with the 1996 HIPAA regulations and the new changes signed into law by President Obama in the HITECH Act of 2009.
One of the many new services we are excited to offer is the Online Student Health Portal (OSH). OSH is a web-based portal connecting students to the SHWC 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; wired for this generation! Students will be able to perform time-saving operations from the comfort of their dorm, apartment and even from their home location—where ever in the world that may be.
These features include:
- SELF SCHEDULING – Students make their own appointments online for certain health reasons.
- SECURE MESSAGING – Providers and students communicate back and forth in a secure environment. Students are notified of messages waiting in OSH through their campus email.
- MEDICAL HISTORY – Students can complete their medical history form online prior to coming to the health center, or during the self-check in process.
- PRE-VISIT INTAKE FORMS – Appointment specific forms can be filled out by the student before they come into the clinic so they can get to a provider quicker.
- VIEW BILLING STATEMENTS – Students can view online their walk-out statements for charges billed within the health center.
- Convenient 24/7 student access
- Enables student appointment entry & cancellation
- Allows secure notification of required tests, exams or follow-up appointments
- Provides accessible Online Forms
- Saves clinic staff time
Students may begin using OSH by logging on at https://myOSH.unt.edu. A campus EUID and password is all you need to get started. Questions regarding the MEDICAT system should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not answer health related questions via email. However, you can always schedule an appointment to speak with one of our providers.