The Eagle Feather: A Journal for Undergraduate Research Review Form
Date review requested:
Date review due:
Title of Article:
Thank you for agreeing to review the manuscript named above for The Eagle Feather. We are on a very tight review schedule for TEF. Please complete your review and return it by the date listed above. If you cannot return the review by that date, please let us know by return e-mail so we may assign the manuscript to another reviewer.
In your review, please comment on the quality of the research reported using the evaluation questions below as guides. As you write your reviews, please remember that the authors are undergraduate students. This research project is probably their first research project, and this is the first article they have ever submitted for publication. Please write a constructive review of the work which the student author can use to improve the paper and improve her or his skills for conducting research in the future.
1. Is the purpose of the research clear? Does the researcher spell out the research questions, research goals, and research objectives?
2. Is the research theoretically sound? Has the researcher adequately reviewed the literature related to the subject? Is the literature review reported in a succinct and concise manner?
3. Is the methodology of the research sound? Please comment on the major strengths of the research design as well as any methodological weakness?
4. Is the data analysis sound? Please comment on the strengths and any weaknesses.
5. Does the researcher draw reasonable and logical conclusions, based on the research results? Please note any particular strengths or weaknesses.
6. Overall, how would your rate the manuscript preparation in terms of correctness of format, word processing, grammar, spelling, and style?
7. Do you have any other comments on this article?
8. Overall, how would you rate the quality of this article?
1. Accept as is for publication
2. Accept contingent on revisions noted in the review
3. Do not accept